Monday, June 8, 2009

My first day at Bourton Meadow, home of the owls!!

Today was my first day at Lucy's school, Bourton Meadows!!  First thing, I got to see all the kids out at morning recess.  Finally I got to see them all up close, not just on the Skype teleconference.  The girls seemed really excited for me to be there.  The boys were not exactly sure what to think.  They are all really cute and smart and I love them already.  I only wish that I could have met them all earlier in the school year.



Next off, we went to morning assembly.  This is every Monday morning.  The major difference between our school assembly, Antler Alert, and theirs is that the kids are REALLY quiet and they say a prayer at the end of it, before being dismissed back to class.  I will be showing the video to the PV kids to show them what is expected of them all now!!

After assembly, we went back to class and I observed Mrs. Howard teaching a literacy lesson.  Then, the kids got a 20 minute recess...PV kids...don't get any ideas.   Later, I observed Mr. Pucci in a "Maths" lesson.  Then we had lunch and another recess (see above).  After lunch and recess, I got to watch them talk about their enterprise project, which will be a little like The Apprentice.  The kids come up with an idea of something to market and sell and pitch it to the school Head Teacher (principal) Mrs. Hopkins.  It seems like they are really going to have fun with it.
     Later, I spent the rest of the day with a Year 4 (3rd grade) students.  They asked me all sorts of questions about tornadoes and the land run and we practiced a tornado drill.  They were so cute!!      
!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like they get a lot of recess time!!! They are soooo adorable!! Hope you are having a great time....the pics are great!!

    ReplyDelete